In order for the management team to maintain complete control of the manufacturing process, most stages are managed in-house from the initial concept design through to installation and commissioning. The only part of the manufacturing process sub contracted to a specialist contractor is the powder coating of the sheet metal enclosures.
The Company has an engineering team which is dedicated to liaise with the client and consulting engineers throughout the life span of the project and beyond.
The Company has all of its technical and manufacturing facilities within five self-contained buildings at the Caxton Centre in St. Albans.
Three of the buildings (Unit’s A, 8 and 9) have been interconnected by means of a purpose built extension to the premises.
Head Office (Unit A)
This building contains the following facilities:
- Director’s Offices
- Sales / Estimating Department
- Engineering Department
- Production Department
- Electrical Assembly Department
- Copper Development / Manufacturing Department
Sheet Metal Fabrication Department (Unit 9)
This building contains the following machinery:
- Trumpf TruPunch 2020 CNC Punch Machine
- Trumpf TruBend Press Brakes
Sheet Metal Assembly & Electrical Sub-Assembly Department (Unit 8)
This building contains the following assembly areas:
- Area for assembly of sheet metal enclosures using component parts produced in the Sheet Metal Fabrication Department in Unit 9.
- Area for assembly and wiring of internal box sub-assemblies (drop-in boxes) containing electrical components. These are installed within the painted sheet metal enclosures in the Electrical Assembly Department in Unit A.
Main Goods Inwards and Stores (Unit 10)
This building contains storage facilities for all component parts and stock materials using a high bay storage system.
Warehouse (Unit 1)
This building is used to store HV and LV switchgear awaiting delivery.